Thursday, April 29, 2010

30 for 30

Ok Ok! I know the title is not original. Hopefully you have had the pleasure of enjoying one or more of the entertainment nuggets airing on ESPN as part of their 30 for 30 documentary series. Some of today's best filmmakers use their gifts to highlight some of their favorite sports characters, moments and events from the past 30 years. Whoever came up with this idea is a genius. These hour long episodes are truly fascinating and clearly reveal how filmmakers really can make or break a story.

However, my 30 for 30 has nothing to do with ESPN, the past 30 years, or today's best filmmakers. No, mine represents a personal challenge. Over the past 6 months I have struggled with the motivation to maintain a consistent blog. Now, in my defense, I am regularly being asked to contribute to two other blogs (http://gracechurchscpastors.blogspot.com/,http://unafide65.wordpress.com/) which have become a bit of a distraction. But with that said, I want to offer up no excuses and find out for myself what I really think about the world of blogging.

So, here is the challenge that I have given myself. I am going to do 30 blogs in 30 days! Why you might ask? Because I want to commit wholeheartedly in an effort to see if it's really something that I like to do, want to do, and is beneficial for both myself and others. Although there may not be an entry every single day, the goal will be to have 30 blogs by the end of 30 days. Hopefully, by the end of May I will know more about myself, my desire to write and blog. And as is the case with all thing in my life, I hope this challenge in some way, draws me closer to God, gives me a better understanding of the gospel, and points others towards Christ.

Good night. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited about this challenge because as we all know I'm a blog stalker. Just ask Ed who as soon as Julie or he post anything I respond. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete