Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recent Reads

As mentioned in a previous post, I really enjoy reading. Some of the topics/areas I enjoy reading include history, leadership, sports (especially biographies), theology, the church, and other cultures. I am not a big fan of fiction, although I try to force myself to occasionally read it because I know I need it. You know, kind of like eating broccoli and carrots...never overly enjoyable for me, but I know my body needs them! I have listed below a few of my alltime favorite books, and I have also started a new section on my blog entitled, Recent Reads. If you are ever in need of something fresh to read, maybe something from my list can get you headed in the right direction.

History
Truman by David McCullough
Mornings on Horseback by David McCullough

Sports
Joe Dimaggio by Richard Ben Cramer
The Majors by John Feinstein
To Hate Like This is to be Happy Forever by Will Blythe

Fiction
The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis

Leadership
Good to Great by Jim Collins
Next Generation Leader by Andy Stanley

Theology
Knowing God by J.I. Packer
Religious Affections by Jonathan Edwards
Indwelling Sin by John Owen

Christian Life
The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
What's So Amazing About Grace by Phillip Yancey

Teen Culture/Teen Parenting
Age of Opportunity by Paul Tripp
The Disconnected Generation by Josh McDowell

1 comment:

  1. Can you say Nicholas Sparks? Come on you know you need to read something meaningless... loosen up. :) Just Kidding.

    ReplyDelete